Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH & Co KG
Senior/Principal Data Scientist with focus on Non-Clinical Statistics
- Online seit 13.10.2021
Biostatistics and Data Sciences (BDS) is a global organization with more than 400 employees within the Human Pharma Business Unit. Working in close collaboration with other functions at Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) and external vendors we combine methodological and technical data science skills with business and scientific expertise to drive smart, timely and confident decision making at every stage of drug development, approval, and access.
On our journey to transform BDS into a modern data science organization in clinical development capable to thrive in a world of rapid and continuous change, we have been changing our working model towards an operating model with emphasis on cross-functional and self-organized teams creating customer-validated value.
As a Senior or Principal Clinical Data Scientist with focus on Non-Clinical Statistics you support drug research and development by providing strategic planning and execution, data transformation as well as all aspects of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics of data.
Discover our site Biberach: xplorebiberach.com
Tasks & responsibilities
- You take responsibility for the planning and execution of all data analytic aspects in non-clinical studies and projects, including experimental design, data analytics and data transformation as well as reporting. This comprises the implementation, validation and provision of outputs and analytic tools according to company and / or regulatory standards.
- In your new role you apply traditional statistical methods and combine them with cutting-edge data science methods like machine learning and artificial intelligence in designing, collecting and analysing data from non-clinical research and development.
- You contribute to the evidence generation along the human pharma value chain by presenting a compelling data story able to generate insights and trigger actions that make a difference to our patients.
- Furthermore you use your quantitative science expertise to provide methodologically sound, yet pragmatic solutions.
- You collaborate closely with scientists and experts from various disciplines as well as exchange with the statistical and data science community.
- Moreover you enhance your business knowledge and scientific expertise in a global environment.
- You are part of a global biostatistics and data sciences organization that covers all statistical aspects within the complete human pharma product life cycle.
Additional tasks and responsibility of a principal position
- You will lead and oversee the planning and execution of all data analytic aspects in complex non-clinical studies and projects.
- You will lead and guide other colleagues, internal and external partners on data science related tasks.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), Master of Science (MSc) or Doctoral Degree (PhD) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field (Psychology, Data Science, Finance, etc) with several years professional experience in pharmaceutical research and development
- Knowledge of statistical methodology, design of experiments, basic terminology related to pharmaceutical research and development and on processing information
- Experience in working in/with agile teams is a plus
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience in relevant software languages, like SAS and R
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally (e.g., partners, experts, management) as well as evidence of strong teamwork, also in global and remote context
- Ability to pro-actively identify issues and solutions and to interact with internal and external bodies on routine data science issues
- Oral and written communication skills to interact in interdisciplinary teams as well as the ability to explain, visualize and communicate statistical information to non-statisticians effectively
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German
Additional requirements for a principal position
- Demonstrated broad knowledge in planning, transforming, analysing, interpreting, and reporting data in complex non-clinical studies and projects
- Broad knowledge and advanced experience in the pharmaceutical research and development process
- In-depth understanding of advanced statistical concepts
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Unbefristet, ab Montag, 01 Nov. 2021
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH & Co KG
- 88400 Biberach/Riß, Deutschland
- Recruiting Services Recruiting Services